oki-ni keep pulling them out the bag for their weekly mix series, with the latest being supplied by Afrikan Boy.
Discovered and brought to the limelight by no other than MIA, Afrikan Boy’s career is somewhat of a rags-to-riches story, or at least a story of rapid success. With the mix being mainly inspired by Dub Reggae and House music, Afrikan Boy goes on a wild adventure drawing for tracks from his vinyl collection that he “hadn’t listened to in a while” – It’s a great way to go about a mix, as this one shows, ending up with a mixture of Dubstep, Grime, UK Funky, Dancehall, Drum & Bass and Dub Reggae.
Don’t forget that if you’re feeling the cover art you can get it printed on a unisex t-shirt from oki-ni for £30.
01. Oumou Sangare – Mousoulou
02. Earnest Ranglin – Surfin
03. WAR016 – White
04. Mark Pritchard – Caveman Style
05. Ramadanman – Work Them
06. T.Williams – Gettin’ Mine
07. T.Williams – Africa
08. Afrikan Boy – Kunte Kinte (demo)
09. Donaeo – African Warrior (Instrumental)
10. Bubblez feat Rubi Dan – Move Down Low
11. Mike Delinquent – Dancehall
12. Jam City – Ecstacy (Refix)
13. Alex Stephenson – Ife Bobowa
14. Hlugwani Nawagagazani – My Love
15. Bladerunner – Back To The Jungle
16. Blame – Batcave
17. Ben Westbeach & DJ Die – Get Closer (Rockers Remix)
18. Yabby U – Deliver Us From My Enemies
19. Johnny Clarke – Babylon
20. Hugh Mundell – Africans Must Be Free