This month we hand over the reigns to one of my favourite producers in Bass Music at the moment; Randomer.
Regularly turning out different and interesting tunes of his own as well as pulling out some of the most out-there remixes and re-interpretations, Randomer has made a solid impression in both my mind and the Bass Music scene as a whole. His sound is hard-hitting and percussive with huge booming bass notes to accompany it. Having been released on the likes of Soul Jazz, MedSchool and Super, and with more work coming on Hessle Audio and Deadplate, it’s clear to see that he is making a good impression.
This mix doesn’t mess around, going straight in from the start and keeping things heavy and hard throughout until the very end where you finish in the beauty of Ramadanman’s “Don’t Change for Me”. Filled with unreleased business from the likes of Raffertie, Blawan, Ramadanman and of course Randomer himself, it’s a track list that most people should be drooling over by now. My only complaint is that I don’t have a FunctionOne sound system in my house to blast this on.
Enjoy, share and treasure for life.
What approach have you taken for this mix?
“This mix is a combination of the sort of set I’m playing live at the moment, as well as a few exclusives and forthcomings of my own work and friends of mine.”
Which track or mix is your personal favourite?
“Probably the mix between “Stalker” and “Obtuse VIP”. On the one hand you have quite a simplistic stomping track and on the other some sort of odd crazyness. It shouldn’t work but it does, and probably ends up being the most intense point in the mix.”
What did you do the mix on?
Is style important to you?
“That’s a quite a vague question. Musical style probably matters more to me slightly more than fashion, but I think anyone who has strong aesthetic values in one form will end up with their own style across different art-forms.”
What brand(s) are you particularly feeling at the moment?
“Sainsbury’s Basics, Guinness, Snickers Ice cream…”
01. ID & Baobinga – Backfoot [Bass Music Sessions]
02. Kim English – Nite Life (Armand Van Helden’s Sound Factory mix) [Nervous records]
03. Hot City – No More [Infrasonics]
04. Kink – Trevoga [Kolour Recordings]
05. Maurice Donovan – Satisfied [SSSSS]
06. Photomachine – Live & Direct [Super]
07. Raffertie – Supplement [Super]
08. Ramadanman – Stifle [Hessle]
09. Randomer – Sax Riddim [Dub]
10. Randomer – Obtuse [Super]
11. Magnum – Dense (Re-edit) [Dub]
12. Baobinga & Randomer – Crom2 [Build]
13. Raffertie – Plait (Re-edit) [Dub]
14. Blawan – Hollow it Out [Dub]
15. Bam Bam – Wheres Your Child [Desire Records]
16. Blawan – Kaz [R&S]
17. Randomer – Dope [Super]
18. Randomer – Stalker [Dub]
19. Randomer – Obtuse VIP [Super]
20. Randomer – Brunk [Hessle]
21. Ramadanman – Don’t Change for Me [Hessle]