This month we welcome one of the most exciting new producers from the UK to our mixtape series; South London Ordnance.
SLO seemed to appear out of no where, getting backed by all the right people and yet nobody knew who he was. Well, no one other than the people playing his tunes. It’s this mysterious approach to his career that has guided a lot of interest in his direction. Thankfully, that interest is heavily rewarded by some truly incredible music that draws heavy inspiration from Techno and classic Dubstep and Grime to create a slow, warped sound that has quickly become attached to the name South London Ordnance.
The hype was proved correct when SLO found himself releasing on Well Rounded, 2nd Drop and Audio Culture, quickly to be followed by a release on TEAL. This is pretty much a dream year for a lot of producers, let alone a debut year as an artist. Here South London Ordnance explores the sound that he feels most comfortable in, keeping things steady with a well picked selection of 9 tunes spread over 30 minutes. We have no idea what the two mystery tracks are at the end, but we’re liking them none the less.
01. Guy Andrews – Confuted [Balance]
02. Conforce – Another Walk Around [Field]
03. Deep Space Orchestra – Lo Pan [Delusions of Grandeur]
04. George Fitzgerald – Child (NY Stomp Remix) [AUS]
05. Motor City Drum Ensemble – Frontin’ [2020 Vision]
06. Lazer Sword – Let’s Work ft. Jimmy Edgar [Monkey Town]
07. Mike Dehnert – Mode Three [Colombage]
08. ??? – ???
09. ??? – ???
Photography: James Clothier for The Daily Street