Our latest mixtape is brought to us by the relatively newly formed duo Moniker; two London based producers making some of the nicest deep Techno yet to be discovered by many.
Moniker may not yet be a name that you are familiar with, you may not have even heard one of their tunes in a set yet, but all that is going to change very soon. This talented duo consists of Tim and Joe (who you may have heard some of his work under the Donga & Blake duo on Well Rounded), and although a relatively new partnership they are already getting picked up and supported by the right sorts of people including James Fox, Dusky, Guy Andrews and Harrriman.
It would appear that not only are they talented in the production department, as this mix showcases with the tracklist being predominantly own material, but they both have some skills on the turntables as well. This is a fluent and transitional mix that moves cleanly from track to track, taking you from a very pleasant and often relaxing vibe through to a more empowered dancefloor end.
With a digital release on Romulus Schwarz’s Shrink label and a 12″ on SheWolf Music already in the pipeline this is still the beginning of their musical career under Moniker, but it’s off to a strong start. We like exciting new talent and we like being able to give it a platform to be showcased, so it’s no surprise that we’re happy to be showcasing this new partnership and are looking forward to seeing what the year holds for them as more people and labels discover their sounds.
You can keep up to date with Moniker via their Facebook page.
01. Moniker – Razlog Valley [Unreleased]
02. Rising Sun – For You Are Be Free [Kristofferson Kristofferson]
03. J Velez – Floo [MMT Tapes]
04. Moniker – IHNT [Unreleased]
05. Moniker – High Rise [Forthcoming Shrink Music]
06. Moniker – Nothing More [Unreleased]
07. Deadbeat – Vampire [Echocord]
08. Moniker – Shine [Unreleased]
09. Amir Alexander – Dazed and Amazed [Hypercolour]
10. Moniker – Strip to Bansko [Unreleased]
Photography: James Clothier for The Daily Street